Want dinner on the table in under 15 minutes? With sashimi-grade tuna and some Japanese staples, this poké bowl delivers a quick-smart midweek meal.
3 cups of rice
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs rice vinegar
2 tbs sesame oil
3 bunches bok choy, trimmed
2 avocados, thinly sliced
200g good-quality fresh sashimi tuna, sliced
½ cup alfalfa sprouts
1 tbs sesame seedsh
1 spring onion, chopped
1 small chilli, sliced
Coriander, to garnish
1) Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
2) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil and set aside.
3) Steam the bok choy for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
4) Divide the cooked rice among 4 small serving bowls, then arrange the tuna, sliced avocado and bok choy on top.
5) Drizzle the dressing over the bowls, sprinkle with the alfalfa sprouts, sesame seeds, chopped chilli, spring onion and coriander leaves, and serve immediately.
Hungry for more midweek dinner inspiration? Why not try these recipes for easy family feasts from good magazine?