150g tomatoes, halved
1/4 onion, peeled
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 tbs fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
1 tbs ancho chilli paste
6 mussels, cleaned
1) Preheat your oven to 220C and heat a griddle pan or grill to hot.
2) Char the tomatoes, onion and garlic on the grill or griddle for a few minutes, until starting to brown.
3) Place the tomatoes, onion and garlic in the bowl of a blender, add the coriander and chilli paste and blend until smooth.
4) Place your cleaned mussels in an ovenproof dish and place in the oven. Cook until they open, around five to ten minutes depending on size. Remove from the oven.
5) Tip your blended sauce into a saucepan and heat to a simmer. Tip in the cooked mussels, mix, then turn out into a serving dish. Serve garnished with the fresh coriander leaves.