These Instagram-worthy vegan ‘cheesecakes’ from good magazine feature a good-for-you filling of cashews, coconut and berries, with no added sugar. Begin this recipe a day ahead.
Makes 6 individual cheesecakes
2 cups cashew nuts
8 tbsp water
6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
6 tbsp coconut butter
8 tbsp coconut cream
2 cups mixed berries, washed and trimmed as necessary
6 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp maca powder
1 vanilla pod
For the crust:
1 cup almonds
¾ cup dates
¾ cup cacao powder
Pinch of salt
1) Place the cashew nuts in a bowl, cover with water and set aside to soak overnight.
2) To make the crust, tip all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and blitz together until combined.
3) Line a six-muffin tray with cling film and press the crust mixture down firmly into the bottom of the holes to form the base.
4) Drain the soaked cashew nuts and add them to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling mixture over the crusts and level off.
5) Place the muffin tray in the freezer and leave for 2-4 hours until the cheesecakes are set and firm.
6) Remove the cheesecakes from the tray, garnish with extra coconut cream, berries or freeze-dried berry powder, and serve.