For one night in November, Dubai’s hottest creatives gathered for an evening of fine food, drinks and conversation at Our Table UAE. Acclaimed chef Gohei Kishi of Ramusake created a delicious menu of premium beef from Prime Gourmet, using Stockyard Black Label wagyu tenderloin tartare, Kiwami by Stockyard wagyu striploin tataki, Stockyard Gold Label Angus oyster blade and skirt, and Kiwami by Stockyard wagyu ribeye.
Each dish was enhanced by luxurious ingredients from Prime Gourmet, including truffles from the Truffle Man and Calvisius-Tradition caviar, and perfectly paired with Jacob’s Creek grapes.
On the menu
Black Label Wagyu tenderloin tartare with Calvisius-Tradition caviar
Kiwami Wagyu striploin tataki with white truffle and garlic crisps
Red Label Kiwami Wagyu rib-eye
Gold Label Angus oyster blade
Gold Label Angus skirt
Frozen hazelnut truffle with black truffle shavings
Entertaining tips from Maria Luisa Panzica La Manna of Prime Gourmet
01. To get a great balance of taste and tenderness when barbecuing, try an Angus or wagyu ribeye on the bone. Among the most flavourful cuts of beef is the Angus inside skirt (the secret to achieving tenderness is to cut against the grain) and the rump cap, generally known as picanha.
02. A great way to feed a few people is a tomahawk steak. Depending on how hungry your guests are, a 1.2kg tomahawk will feed two to four people.
03. If you’d like to cook your meat in advance, go with braised angus short ribs, lamb shanks or a good roast. My favourites are the prime ribeye roast on the bone for the wow-factor when you present it at the table, or the heart of the rump roast, a cheaper, leaner cut that still has amazing flavour.
04. To impress your guests, why not splash out on some truffles? Allow four grams per person (smaller truffles are around 20 grams minimum).
05. Red meat and red grape are natural partners. For lighter red meat dishes like tartare or tataki, try a pinot noir. For richer dishes, such as a grilled rib-eye or beef roast, choose a more full-bodied red, such as the Jacob’s Creek Double Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon.
Prime Gourmet is your boutique neighbourhood butcher shop, stocking the finest quality wagyu beef, grain-fed Angus beef, succulent lamb and veal.
Visit Prime Gourmet’s three Dubai branches:
Jumeirah Town Centre, Jumeirah Beach Road | Gold & Diamond Park, Sheikh Zayed Road | Springs Souk. Visit: primegourmet.ae